Ponta Delgada Food Tour
3h walking tour > starts 10 AM
Discover some of the best food in Portugal on this 3h culinary walking tour through Ponta Delgada, the main city of the Azores islands.
Sample unique and delicious foods, while learning about the local traditions, culture and gastronomy, as you walk through charming cobblestone streets. Have a taste of the Azores and get immersed in surprising flavours and tales!
This tour is recommended by:
What makes this tour unique
• taste local specialties, to be found nowhere else in the world
• gain knowledge and background of Azorean food
• learn secrets of traditional cuisine from local artisans
• visit the local market, meet traders and sample their quality produce
Imagine Mediterranean foods mixed with African and American vegetables, seasoned with Asian spices and a scent of Atlantic ocean: that's Azorean cuisine!
Ponta Delgada, the largest city of the Azores, is the charming scenery of our tour. The city once-called "Venice of the Atlantic" displays beautiful landmarks and mysterious alleys, where settlers, labourers and travellers collected unique ingredients and culinary traditions from allover the world.
Walk the downtown of this vibrant Azorean city, explore artisanal eateries and delicious food: enjoy a progressive menu that includes fruit, honey, local bread rolls, pastries, seafood and meat products, ending up with a homemade desserts, and two local drinks (mineral water, sodas or beer).
Besides tasting amazing food and drinks, you will visit some of the main city sights, get some historic context and many fun facts. You'll explore some of the city's landmarks, including highlights and off-the-beaten path, and get many genuine recommendations of where to go next, shops and things to do.
What you'll learn
• What locals eat and why (background)
• Relevant factors that shaped Azorean culture
• Fascinating stories about tea and pineapple plantations, unique in Europe
• A bit of historic context
• Interesting information about the main landmarks
• Fun facts and many curiosities
Good to know
• Extra-small groups (12 people max)
• Tailored to the group
• All food and 2 drinks included
• Distance covered: about 1.6Km (1 Mi.)
Allergies and dietary requirements
• Vegetarian options available
Please contact us for information on other diets.
You can expect a great meal that combines traditional and modern, interesting information and recommendations!
Join us and have a whale-ton of fun!
What people are saying about this tour